|Ctrl + M||Insert Marker|
|Ctrl + Shift + D||Activate Screendraw commands while recording|
Markers are placeholders. Use these:
Screendraw allows you to draw on your screen while you are recording.
When creating your PowerPoint...
The TechSmith site has a series of eight videos that deal exclusively with PowerPoint. These can be found on TechSmith's Camtasia 7 website. Please refer to these videos for more detailed explanation of how to use PowerPoint with Camtasia.
1. Open your presentation in PowerPoint, and click on the "Add-Ins" tab
2. If you would like to record your audio while presenting the slide, be sure to click the button before you begin recording. Be aware that the microphone will record the sound of any mouse clicks or keystrokes.
3. Click the button to begin recording your presentation.
4. Test and adjust the microphone sensitivity as necessary, and click the red dot to begin recording.
5. When the presentation ends, select the appropriate button to either stop or continue recording .
6. Once you have decided to stop the recording, you will be prompted to save it as a .camrec file.
7. Once saved, you should choose to Edit your recording using the Camtasia software. If you recorded audio with the presentation, it will be linked to the video component.