Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About This Guide
This guide describes resources to assist in research relating to undergraduate courses in social work (SOCWK), courses for the Bachelor of Social Work program (SWREN), and courses for the Master of Social Work program (SWK).
Your Library Card
Your WATCard is your Library card. Use it to borrow books from uWaterloo and other University Libraries as well as to remotely access the uWaterloo Library's electronic resources.
Social Work Courses and Programs
Basic Searching Techniques
- Choose an appropriate resource
- Research Databases
- Specific Journals
- Primary Sources
- Break down your topic
- imagine the title of the ideal book or magazine article
- identify the key concepts
- think of synonyms or alternate words for each of the key concepts
- Use appropriate searching techniques
- boolean operators (and, or, not)
- phrase searching
- truncation/wildcard symbols
- field searching
- setting limits
- refining your search (using subject headings/descriptors and other terminology)
Limited library help
Contact Tammy Kavanaugh for assistance.
Lusi Wong Library, Renison Universtiy College
Send email to Tammy