Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
User experience and *Accessibililty* guidelines for your reference.
The recommendations are from our Emily Christofides, our User Experience Specialist. August 17, 2018.
- Keep all guides consistent
- Use the template provided
- Use only two columns
- Include a “Get started” tab
- “About this guide” box
- “Your librarian” Profile box
- Keep number of tabs down (5 at most!)
- Use prime real estate wisely
- Limit extraneous words, links, images
- Break down information into bite-sized pieces
- Use headers, bullets, lists
- Make process clear
- Number any steps
- Use “next” feature to move to next tab
- Use visual design to group and differentiate info
- Use boxes judiciously