Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About this guide
This guide is a quick reference guide to research and laboratory practices. Here you will find useful information about how to:
- find articles, eBooks, and theses to research and support your topic
- find information on conducting laboratory experimentation.
For more assistance, or for more complex questions, please e-mail me or book a virtual meeting with me. I can help you:
- identify and use information resources relevant to your research
- define your information needs
- evaluate and select information
- manage your information
- create workshops, course assignments and research guides for specific courses in biology
- navigate copyright, open access, data management, institutional repositories, academic integrity, and citation tracking
- collaborate on knowledge synthesis projects, including: narrative reviews, scoping reviews and systematic reviews
For course-specific content, including LEARN links to lab manuals (BIOL130), and how to write and cite scientific research, visit the course guides: