Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Musagetes Library Rare Books collection
Located within the Musagetes Architecture Library is a separate, environmentally controlled Rare Book Room housing one of Canada's most outstanding collections of rare books on architecture and design. Landmark titles in the history and theory of architecture, exemplary treatises from the sixteenth to the twentieth century, and texts outlining architectural developments in Northern Europe and on the North American frontier form the core of the collection.
Musagetes Architecture Library and our rare book room are currently closed. Please contact us for assistance.
Using the reading room
- Materials are available upon request to students, faculty, scholars, and members of the public with appropriate identification
- All titles can be found in Omni, the Library's catalogue; please bring the call numbers for items you wish to view
- Titles in the collection do not circulate but certain items can be photocopied or photographed with your digital camera
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Rare Book Reading Room
- Researchers are required to use pencil only to take notes
- Only two patrons at a time may consult materials due to the size of the Reading Room