Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Dictionaries and encyclopædias (print)
Language and Linguistics
German as a Foreign Language
Dictionaries and encyclopædias (online)
Language and Linguistics
Organizations and people
- ACLA: Association canadienne de linguistique appliquée/CAAL: Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics
- The main objective is the promotion of research and teaching in all areas of applied linguistics across Canada.
- AILA: Association internationale de linguistique appliquée/International Association of Applied Linguistics
- Members actively contribute to the development of all subject areas of applied linguistics.
- American Association for Applied Linguistics
- "AAAL members promote principled approaches to language-related concerns, including language education, acquisition and loss, bilingualism, discourse analysis, literacy, rhetoric and stylistics, language for special purposes, psycholinguistics, second and foreign language pedagogy, language assessment, and language policy and planning."
- CAL: Center for Applied Linguistics
- "The Center for Applied Linguistics is dedicated to providing a comprehensive range of research-based information, tools, and resources related to language and culture."
- CALICO: The Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium
- "CALICO, the Computer-Assisted Language Instruction Consortium is an international organization dedicated to research and development in the use of computer technology in language learning: computer-assisted language learning (CALL)."
- Centre for Research on Language Contact (CRLC)
- Promotes research at York University in the area of "language contact in a multilingual country such as Canada and in the context of increased internationalization."
- EUROCALL: European Association for Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Aims "to provide a European focus for the promulgation of innovative research, development and practice relating to the use of technologies for language learning."
- GAL: Gesellschaft für Angewandte Linguistik
- Bündelt "Aktivitäten und Initiativen, die sich auf die Erforschung und Optimierung von Kommunikationsprozessen in alltäglichen und professionellen Anwendungsfeldern richten: in der Wirtschaft, in Justiz und Verwaltung, im Gesundheitswesen, in Bildungseinrichtungen, in Massenmedien, u.a."
- SGL: Society for Germanic Linguistics
- Serves "the broad community of scholars teaching and researching in Germanic Linguistics and Philology. The international membership of the SGL embraces all areas of and approaches to Germanic linguistics and philology, from formal syntax and phonology through historical linguistics to textual editing."
- The Linguist List: People & Programs
- Provides information and access to people, directory of linguists, programs, societies, etc.